Next time I do yard work, I'm using a flamethrower

Okay, maybe not, but having 5-6 hobo spiders come boiling out of the inflatable rafts I had sitting behind the deck was NOT a pleasant experience, esp when I'd just put my hand down right next to one. The kid who was helping me is just as terrified of spiders then I am, so made for an interesting experience to see which one of us jumped the higher when the next one crawled out.

So we finally get the stuff ready for the dump, the rafts, some old tires off my car, the office chair that died the other day (good thing we'd gotten another one off of Freecycle) and discovered the ground was still too hard to dig. I'd had the kid pulling up my bolted lettuce, but it wasn't coming. He finally whacked it at soil level just to get it out. We'll dig the roots out later. Cleaned up the deck some, we're getting a couple desks that will live out there for work space and storage. I'll have the kid over later in the year to help finish expanding the garden, hopefully we'll have had lots of rain by then.

Had to do some serious waspicide in the shed. There was a nest 4 inches across on the door and LOTS of yellowjackets. I think I went thru most of a can of spray in the shed and on the deck in a few places. Good thing we bought three cans LOL.

The reception was nice, wore my new dress. It was at a local chinese restaurant, so yummy food. I took pics, so hubby will download them later and we'll burn them to disc for them. Mom of the bride should be showing up in a few minutes, I told her she was coming over for martinis, she desperately needs one or two. She only has the one daughter, so she won't have to go thru all this again anytime soon LOL.

Comments