WOO HOO!!! RAIN!!!!

Much cooler today and it's been raining for about an hour now. Hopefully it will rain for most of the day.

The fields around our place are harvested, we can now blast thru the intersection instead of having to stop and creep out because the wheat was so high it blocked our view.

Made up hamburger patties this morning. Seasoned with worchestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper and Johnny's Season Salt. Made 16 patties. Flattened them between pieces of freezer paper and then bagged them in ziplocks and into the freezer they went.

Going to work on banana bread batter in a little while. I need shortening, but will probably use butter instead, gives it a better flavor. I'm going to whip up several batches where I leave out the baking powder and then freeze it in batches. When I take it out and thaw I can mix the baking powder in then right before baking. I will probably make the bread in the muffin tins and then freeze them on a cookie sheet in the freezer, then bag them for storage. I'm seriously running out of room in the freezer LOL. If we had the room I'd get another one. If someone freecycles a bigger upright freezer I just might go for it and then freecycle mine. I've got to start coming up with stuff to take for my lunches. I found one recipe for taco cups on the freezer friendly list that sound good. Can probably do pizza cups the same way.

Been FLYing this week, got half the bedroom cleaned yesterday, decluttered a bunch of small stuff, not ready yet to declutter some of the big things (clothes mostly). Giving serious consideration of getting several space bags so I can try and store blankets and sweaters in a smaller space.

Comments