MMMMMM

I'm really going to miss my Fridays off when school starts. Working 5 days in a row is going to be hard LOL At least I hve a whole week off starting next Friday (actually a little mor then a week, 10 whole days :D ).

Used the last of the Tom Ka Gai on the chicken I fixed last night. Have to find out where in Spokane that asian market is as the closest place I can thinkof is over in Vancouver WA and that's too far to drive just for groceries. If all else fails, I might be abble to get a friend to buy it for me and ship it out and I can reimburse her for it.

Watching Good Eats (we recorded it), the epsidoe Wake Up Little Sushi. Learned something. I always thought the green wrapping on sushi rolls was seaweed. Turns out Nori is made from algae.I looked it up and Nori is much lower in iodine then seeweed, which means I CAN eat it with out worrying about iodine. Since I'm hyper I've got to watch how much iodine I ingest. Now, nigiri is my favorite (the raw fish on the sushi rice), but I would like a bit of variety when I has sushi and now I can.

Going to be warm today, it's already 92F outside according to our theremometer. Just checked, it's also 91F out at the airport, where the official weather readings are taken.

Looking thru the Freezer Friendly archives to see if I can make french toast and then freeze it. I know I can do waffles and pancakes. I need to come up with stuff hubby would like for breakfast and he can reheat it himself on weekdays.If I can't find anything in he archives I'll post the question. It shouldn't be a problem, but I like to be sure before wasting food like that if it turns out wrong.

Speaking of freezing food, we are also going to looking into making potstickers like the 2nd episode of Good eats showed the other night (older episode called Wanton Ways). I'm also looking at doig Crab Rangoon and freezing them for future frying.

Okay, hubby wants to put the screen capture hardware in my computer so I can record the music videos I like off the PVR (I'm into country music and like the sad stuff. He doesn't like it, tho he really likes Toby Keith's stuff). So time to publish this post and then log off so he can install stuff.

Comments