Hump Day

Week is progressing on, starting to plan out what I'm going to do on my week off. I will have the services of a strong young man (get your minds out of the gutter please) who is trading labor for computer work my hubby did. I'll have him help me out in the yard expanding my gardening areas. The weather should be cooler, so hopefully we can get the work done without too much collapsing from the heat.

I'm also going to work on banana bread. I plan on making up a bunch of batches where I'll leave out the baking powder and baking soda and then freeze the batter. When it comes time to use them I'll defrost and then add the two ingredients right before baking. Got the idea from the freezer friendly list where someone posted the recipe for zuchini bread doing the same thing.

The DSL problem sorted itself out yesterday. Seems some Idaho DOT contractor cut thru the fiber optic line between here and Coeur d'Alene causing major computer slow down, loss of long distance, loss of a lot of local phone service including cell service. Luckily they finally got it fixed before too long. Hubby had gone to see a client downtown and while they had phone, the business next door didn't. The article I saw about it didn't say if the person didn't call about where the lines were, or if the map was wrong (we had a similar incident happen to our little neighborhood. The electrical company cut thru the phone lines, but it wasn't their fault. The map they got from the phone company was off by about 8 feet!).

Comments