Explain to me please, paint pads are better then rollers HOW?????

Okay, they actually aren't that bad, tho I now remember why I hate painting rooms with furniture and such still in them. I took some of my birthday money and bought some paint ($5 a gal each from the mis-mix shelf at Moscow Building Supply, both a brilliant white, not sure why they were considered mis-mixed, but I'm not complaining), a paint pad and an extender for it and a couple disposable trays and I painted the kitchen ceiling this morning. I didn't get THAT much paint on the floor and walls, but it is a good thing the walls will be getting painted at some point :D We pulled the doors off the upper cabinets and painted those white, they are outside drying. I'm eventually goig to paint the cabinets themselves black, all the doors and drawers will be white. The walls will be white and I will eventually get black and white linolium tiles (probably from MBS, unless the dollar store actually gets tiles in where each square foot tile is either black or white).

Baked up banana nut muffins yesterday, individually wrapped them in cling wrap and into the freezer they went in a couple of ziplock bags. Hubby did up an inventory spreadsheet for me and that I've been filing in and will print out once we get my computer back together (he switched out hard drives, traded mine for his and things still aren't all loaded back on). Made up some banana nut batter using some oat flour I make from rolled oats in the food processor. Spaced it and added the baking powder, so I froze it and will see how it works that way. I had planned on not adding the baking powder until I thawed it and it was ready to go in the oven. I may end up with some pretty tasty hockey pucks if the freezing kills the baking powder.

Watched Kung Fu Hustle (Gong Fu) last night. WOW!!!!!! Great flick, we thoroughly enjoyed it, it is going on our permanet collection list as soon as we can afford to buy pro DVD movies. We're going to keep an eye out for more movies by Stephen Chow. Hopefully we can get our hands on Shaolin Soccer, we think Howard Hughes has it.

Well, off to the shower to get the rest of the paint off. I never seem to be able to paint anything without ending covered in half the paint.

Comments