Busy evening

Managed to get dinner done and eaten by 7pm, which isn't bad considering we usually don't eat until 8-9pm. Having a plan for meals is helping out a lot.

I have decided I really need to think about better lunches. My soups and leftovers are good, but there are days when those don't sound good. The Freezer Friendly list was discussing calzones and such and that sounds like a great idea. I can make a bunch and sauce to go with it and freeze them for my lunchs. I also like cornish pasties and those would do quite well also. I'm beginning to think we need a bigger deep freeze, I don't think 10 cubic feet will be enough.

Went out to the big garden and weeded and watered. The spinach didn't do too well there. It didn't grow very tall and then it bolted. The tomatos are going gonzo, some of the bush beans survived the bunnies (the peas weren't so lucky) and the crook necked squash i ready to harvest. Brought home a coupel squash and some beans. I'll have those tomorrow with dinner.

Comments