Kill Bill vol.1

Watched it last night. All I can say is WOW!!!! Very enjoyable movie, tho I'm still going to slap Tarantino upside the head for a comment I heard him say in an interview that parents should take their very young children to see it. It is NOT an appropriate movie for children. We are going to keep an eye out for volume 2, I want to see if The Bride gets her revenge.

Hubby put his old mother board in my computer. He got a new one, along with some other hardware for his 'puter. He's getting to digital archiving (to transfer tapes and records onto CD so people can listen to their favorite music without fear of ruining the original media. Esp items that are no longer in print) and we will figure out how much he'll charge people once he gets everything figured out and up and running. We already have a standing request for transfering family videos from several friends. In the meantime my computer is now a bit faster, Diablo II runs smoother and I have more memory then I know what to do with. Hubby is going to install Linux on it ina coupel of weeks, he'll probably split things so I'll still have Windozes while I get Linux figured out and he gets any bugs worked out. Eventually I'll be using Linux only.

I see Ben Jones has come out with his feelings about the new Dukes of Hazzard movie. He says what I've been feeling about it since I heard it was in production. Ben played Cooter in the original series (which by the way is running on CMT, tho they are now showing the season with the replacement Duke boys. I'll pick it up again when they show the season where they bring Bo and Luke back). From what I've seen, they've totally ruined the Dukes. They weren't buffoons who yuck it up and drive a cool car. Willie Nelson should be ashamed of himself for appearing in this movie.

My spinach seeds are about ready to harvets. Will do that this weekend. I'm also going to make an effort to getting my bike back into riding condition.

If you haven't seen it yet, check out We're Not Afraid a site that went up shortly after the London bombings. It is a photo gallery that is getting pics from around the world from people showing they aren't afraid. Ms Ella is going to get her friends together and I'll be doing some pics so she can send one in.

Alton Brown had a new episode, Churn Baby Churn II last night. The subject was premium ice cream. Going to give it a try this weekend (if we can squeeze some of the ingredienst from the grocery budet). I'm thinking of doing 2 batches of choclate. 1 recipe as written with sugar and the other using splenda and see how they compare. We're also going to pick up some bacon. Wilted greens with my homegrown lettuce is sounding very, very yummy.

Comments