Forgot to mention

Got a call from my doc yesterday about my lab results. Seems my white blood count is 2200, which is way down. She said there were enough of a certain kind of cell that I'm not in any danger of getting really sick again, but she isn't too happy about the results. My thyroid levels aren't budging as yet either, so she REALLY isn't happy about that. On the PTU, my levels were usually better even during the 1st month. We COULD up my dose of methimazole to 3 a day, but since the 2 a day is keeping my WBC down, I don't think she or the endo is going to go for that.

She'll be sending the results to the endo and a copy to me, so I'll know better what's going on. I'm going to hold out for one more month on the meds and in the meantime insist that the endo gives me the name of the best surgeon up in Spokane and I'll talk directly to the surgeon about the possible complications of the sleep apnea. I'm also going to go directly to the Stanford Sleep Center and see what they have to say about it.

Comments