Another warm day

Already 77F out, supposed to get up to low to mid 90s. Luckily the fire danger is not too bad. So far this year the fire season has been pretty mild.

Hit Winco last night. Picked up 10lbs of chicken hindquarters. I'll process those today. I'm going to make "Dump" chicken packages, where you put the chicken in a zip lock bag and "dump" ingredients and then stash them in the freezer. This way I'll have a number of chicken dishes I can just pull out and cook and not have to worry about HOW I'm going to season them. I also picked up 15 pounds of potatos. I'll make up a big batch of mashed potatos out of those. I'll portion them off and look at differnet seasonings for those. Then into the freezer. I also picked up bread flour and regular flour. I'll package up a number of bread machine mixes, so all we have to do is pull out a package, add the wet ingredients to the machine and then pour in the dry. Another session I'm planning on (probably tonight when it cools) is banana bread or muffins. I've a lot of bananas in the freezer that are just perfect for it.

Stopped on the road home last night and took some pics of the fields around where we live. Still have to download and process those. It was gorgeous out and the shadows from the setting sun made for a very pretty picture on the hills.

Not going to do much else today, tho I do need to get the spinach seeds processed and into a little mason jar that I will seal with the vacuum sealer to preserve them for next spring. I also need to get out and cut more lettuce for dinner tonight. Not sure what I'll cook, may save out one of the chicken packages and cook in the slow cooker.

Comments