Hump Day

I only have to get thru tomorrow and I get another 3 day weekend, tho it will be a 4 day weekend as the trip to the endo in Spokane is going to be most of the day and I'm not coming back to work for only a couple of hours.

Nicky has forgiven me for ysterday, tho the looks he was giving me when we picked him up was pure "You are going to get it!" Poor thing shivered and cowered all the way home. Once home he did better, tho I got glared at for a while and he couldn't walk straight from the pain meds they gave him right before sending him home. They told us to keep him from runing and jumping arouind for a few days. Yeah, right. This IS a cat we are talking about, he'll jump and run as he darn will please and he did so last night, at least was jumping up on things when he wasn't sleeping off the meds. He was happy to get food as soon as we walked thru the door and he curled up on hubby most of the evening and then he finally snuggle dup on me. In fact, when we went to bed, he jumped up and climbed on me and went into full Nicky fwop and snuggled right up. I knew then I was forgiven.

I didn't make it to the garden, by the time I got home I was totally wiped out and barely had the energy to fix dinner. I didn't eat any, I wasn't hungry. I eventually fried a couple corn tortillas and stuffed them with sliced cheese stuff. Bad idea. The tortillas were fine, but needed REAL cheese. Hubby looked over and asked if it hit the spot and I replied, "it's food" with a slightly disgusted look on my face. Hubby asked what I really wanted and I said greasy pepperoni pizza. So we scrapped up the cash and at 9:30 last night we drove to Safeway so I could get a couple cheap frozen pizzas. I mean cheap. Safeway has the Totinos pizzas on for 10 for $10. I almost broke into tears tho, they were completely out of pepperoni. Once I composed myself I grabbed a couple of the 3 cheese variety and then a package of pepperoni from the meat dept. I had looked at the slightly more expensive pizzas, but they weren't what I had in mind (what I REALLY wanted was a pizza from Costco's snack stand, but they were closed and the nearest one is 35 miles away. It will have to wait, in the meantime the uber cheap pizzas will do it).

Got my new 'puter at work. Loaded with Windows NT :P It's taken me most of the day to get it to where I want it (a bunch of stuff I installed didn't make the transfer to the new box). I still can't get the theme I want for Firefox to download. I kept getting an error message, then a weird looking page. Finally it started downloading, but it disappears into the ether somewhere. Very, very irritating. I didn't have these problems with Win98. At least it is a stylin' box, very tiny compared to my old one. Got a new keyboard and optical mouse. They are all black and silver. Now if I can just get them to give me a new monitor, preferable a 19" flat screen and things would be perfect :D

Comments