Back from the endo

So I saw the endo this monring. My appointment was at 8am. Which meant that I had to set the alarm for 5am and we had to be on the road by 6am. Made it there abput 7:45am and found the place with only 1 wrong turn. Appointment was supposed to be at 8am, I didn't get to see the endo until 8:45. I hate waiting that long and I was supposed to be the first patient. GRRRRRRR

So I see the nurse first for BP, pulse and going over a few items. Endo finally comes in and we go over things. He asked what treatment route I wanted to go with, I said surgery. He proceeds to paint surgery in the worst light and how RAI was the best route. Tried to claim surgery was only used on pregnant women who can't tolerate PTU and of course couldn't do RAI. I didn't call bullshit on him, I wanted out of there. The only valid reason he gave for not doing surgery is the fact I have sleep apnea and that may throw a monkey wrench in that idea. We'll do some serious googling and checking with surgeons and see what they say.

So in the meantime, he's prescribed methimazole (generic Tapazole) to hopefully get my thyroid under control while I decide which way to go. Methimazole has the same side effects as PTU, but with luck I can avoid them and maybe continue the drug route for treatment.

After seeing the endo, he orderd some blood tests to see where I'm a right now. As usual, the tech had problems finding a vein, so she had to use one in the back of my hand. She was good, baarely a bruise to be seen. I get to see him again in 4 months, got an afternoon appointment this time. In the meantime I see my regular doc.

Afterwards we hit the Costco out on Sprague and picked up some kitty food and bonless chicken thighs. I see chicken nuggets for dinner one of these nights. Hit a chinese buffet for lunch and then took a back road back to Moscow. Very nice drive.

Very hot today, sooooo glad for AC in the car :D

Comments