Weekend so far

Slept in yesterday until 11:30am and this morning until 10:30am. Weird dreams when sleeping in. This morning I decided that after detonating a small nuclear device in a volacano that it was time to wake up. I didn't want to know where THAT was going LOL.

Baked brownies for the party, just some box mix ones. Good thng, I was the only one who brought a desserty item, tho there were grapes. The hostess did up a bunch of crawdads, I had a couple over hubby's objections. Does anyone know if one is allergic to saltwater shellfish, if it is the same with freshwater shellfish? I felt fine, but hubby was getting ansy, so I decided to forego eating anymore.

It was a nice party, we sat around for a while and read poetry. I took a small volume of cowboy poetry and read one out of that. She had some Shel Silverstein, so I read one out of "Where the sidewalk ends". Other folk read more serious works.

Taped the Nextel race yesterday, the Dodge 500. Haven't watched all of it yet.

Did some grocery shopping today. Picked up a back of chicken hindquarters and 5 pounds of burger. I'll process those later and get them in the freezer.

Did a little weeding in my garden. I also need to get a proper pair of grass shears. I was trimming the grass around the garden with an ald pair of sewing scissors. Does the job, but it was harder then it needed to be. Things are sprouting. It it doesn't rain this afternoon, I'll go out later and do some watering. I need to borrow the neighbors weed whacker later this week and get the seruis grass around the water faucett and the porch posts.

Trying to get more done in the kitchen today, My mom is coning sometime this next week for a visit. I think my aunt is coming too, not sure yet. If I can get ahead on the kitchen today, the rest of the house is not a problem. Hubby has been helping a lot there.

I'm going to have to avoid coffee for a while longer. I hadn't had any since the 1st Saturday I got sick. I poured myself some on Friday, half milk half coffee. Not a good idea. So I picked up more plain black tea. I miss my coffee.

Comments