Too many pills!!!!

I swear I rattle in the mornings and before bed LOL. In the mornings I take: 2 PTU (Propylthiouracil), 1 flax seed oil cap, 1 calcium cap, 1 milk thistle cap, 1 multivit, 1 antihistamine and 1 betablocker. After lunch I take another dose of PTU (2 pills) and in the evening I take 2 PTU (Propilthyiouracil), 1 flax seed oil cap, 1 calcium cap, 1 milk thistle cap and 1 betablocker. I am now adding evening primrose caps, 1 in the morning and one at night and will be increasing the dosages of that over the next few days. I will also look at incresing my dosages of milk thistle. I hate taking pills.

As much as I know the PTU is going to help get the thyroid under control I really wish they'd coat it with something. The stuff is foul. You get a metallic taste in your mouth almost as soon as you swallow them. I remember someone on my support list who mentioned she was trying them in gel caps and taking them that way. I've some gel caps we'd picked up to see if we could find a way to get more cinnamon into hubby to see if that wold help his blood sugars after a report had come out. I'll have to find where I put them and give that a try. I'll get usd to the taste eventually, I've done so before, but until then I rather not ruin the taste of food again.

Speaking of hubby, poor guy. He tried to snuggle this morning, but I was right in the middle of a hot flash and I scooted to the end of the bed. We're thinking of getting a small clip on fan for the headboard, that might help until I see if the eveing primrose oil helps.

It's been raining quite a bit, we've been under flood watch today. Yesterday it was a flood warning. I'm hoping my garden is still there, I'm afraid it may have wshed to the river off. There was water over the roadway yesterday at mile 7 out Hwy 8 east of town, water over the roadway south on 195, culverts all over the county were plugged up and water everywhere. Luckily we are high enough that we don't have to worry about flooding (knock on wood), but there is only on way out of our place and while there is a pretty subtansial bridge over the ditch officially known as the south fork of the Palouse River (honetly, when we moved in we thought it was a drainage ditch runing between the fields), it has flooded into the fields several times since we moved in.

My mom is coming into town on Thursday for a visit. She's having trouble finding a hotel for a couple of the days. She forgot it was end of semester and graduation weekend. Hotels are booked solid. I'm slowly getting the place into order, so I'm not stressed about that. We have no place really for guests, friends can sleep on the hide-a-bed, but I can't really have my mom sleep in the living room. Friends are one thing, moms are a completely different matter.

The one thing really pissing me off about this bout of Graves', I can't have coffee WAHHH! Coffee is too stimulating for hyperthyroid and while I was able to cut back to 1/2 cup a day when I was first diagnosed, I can't deal with it at all this time round. I'm doing tea, but tea is a poor substitute for coffee in the morning. I have made up more of my mocha mix (cocoa, powdered milk and splenda) so I can do a bit of hot chocolate in the mornings and that seems to be working fine. But it isn't coffee :(

Comments