puttering along

Got most of my starts into the peat pots and started some pepper plant seeds. Not sure what kind they are, they are a packet of heart shaped peppers my aunt sent me. it was a find raiser for women's heart health. Only 3 of my green peppers sprouted. I was going to start a few more, but discovered I was out of those seeds. My romas didn't make it past breaking the top of the soil, so I will start some more in the peat pots. Still have to repot the cherry tomatos that made it. I may see about picking up peat pellets and see if they will start better in those. I want to pick up lettuce and spinach seeds today if possible.

Took the insert out of the center front window to give my plants more light. I want to see if I can put a shelf in there, I have one that hangs off a couple plant hangers, but I need more space for sprouting seeds.

Weather is still gray, breezy and hasn't broken 50 yet according to our thermometer. I probably won't do anything outside today, we are going out to visit some friends and we are headed out in a little bit. Need to go in early and check out the chop saws at the pawn shop. A table top model would give us a lot more flexibility for building things around the house.

I've got the ham and bone left over from the one I cooked a couple of weeks ago in the crockpot. Got some yellow split peas and I'll make soup tomorrow. That will give us lunches for a week.

We've got another windchime on the porch. Someone (our neighbor) got us one that has a pink flamingo on it hehehehe Hubby hates pink flamingos, but he is putting up with them as I like them. Now we just have to get the one fixed and all my flamingos back out in the lawn :D

Comments