Can't think of a clever title for today

Sunday turned out to be a nice day. Not too warm and not too cool. Perfect for putting in my garden. Sat I picked up some more seeds. I got spinach, a lettuce blend, broccoli and more bell peppers. I'll be starting the peppers in the house. I had to move the one rhubarb that was coming up in the old spot, it was right where I was planting my sugar peas. I didn't get all of the roots tho :( so I will be having to deal with more rhubarb coming up where I don't want it.

I also had to move some onions. When I straightened out the one edge, the onions eded up right where I was planning the broccoli. So I now have an onion patch as I seeded in more where I moved the others.

I'm now very sore, I'm not in as good a shape as I thought I was LOL I keep this up and I am giving serious consideration into putting in raised beds so I don't have to bend down as much, or crawl aroiund on the ground hehehehehe

We popped out to TriState and Moscow Building Supply to look at rain gutters. A friend figured we could install some on the edge of the porch and with the 55 gal barrel we can make a rain barrel and it will give us a water source for later this year for my garden. That we will see about buying and installing in a couple of weeks. Of course as soon as we do the rain will stop for the year.

Made a pot of split pea soup yesterday. Turned out pretty good. I think we'll have that for dinner tonight with some bread we picked up on Sat from Safeway. I really need to learn to make our own. It is the carmalized onion with garlic Artisan bread. Shouldn't be that hard to make.

This morning definately was a Monday. During the night I woke up a couple of times to hear a popping noise. I thought it was the cat finally puncturing the air mattress, but it was fine. This morning I discovered that a couple of the interior walls gave way and the corner I sleep on was bubbled up. So now we have to buy a new one. This one we had for better part of a year and considering it was a cheap one, held up pretty well.

Gas price here went up to $2.479 at the Tesoro and $2.499 every place else for regular unleaded. Thinking around here is that it will probalby hit $3 not before too long. People are getting pissed.

Comments