Some redocorating going on

Decided to decorate for Ostara (Spring Equinox), so changed the colors so make the place more holiday like. We generally don't do the Easter thing, but I do like to stock up on hams when they go on sale so we have them thru the next several months. If lamb goes on sale I'll stock up on a few legs of also. I do love havig a decent sized deep freeze.

Nicky has pretty much forgiven us for abandoning him LOL, he's back to be a lovey kitty.

Weather is going to be nice the next several days. With luck I can get outside this weekend and clean up around the gardens and my work area and get things ready, or at least started. Our neighbors son wants to take his girlfriend out to the range and do some shooting, so it looks like Saturday is going to be range day. This will give me a chance to haul out my other guns and rifles and start getting back into shooting shape and also practice some more with my new pistol.

I also have to find time to seriously declutter the kitchen. I have to move a number of things around to make space for my laptop, including the bread box. I took all the cooking utensils I had in 2 containers on the counter, sorted out the ones I rarely use and put them in my now seriously overflowing drawer. I winnowed down the knives and got the ones I use most into one block and the other is stored on the over flowing shelf on the other side of the kitchen. Right now I have no idea where the bread box is going to go, but it needs to be somewhere handy.

I need a bigger kitchen!

I do know I need to go thru and re-organize cupboards and shelving space, esp since I need to get my cast iron skillet and dutch oven out of the oven where I store them. If I can move enough stuff out of the pots and pans cupboard I can store them there and move some of the stuff (big turkey roaster and some other items that I very rarely use) onto the top of the fridge I should be able to do that.

Comments