Happy St Patrick's Day!

Popped the corned beef into the crock pot this morning and set it to cooking. I'll serve that with oven roasted herbed potatos (no cabbage tho. I don't like cabbage and hubby doesn't like boiled cabbage and I don't feel like making coleslaw). One thing I like about the holidays is lots of stuff goes on sale. We'd picked up a couple of corned beef points for 99 cents a pound. I wish I went back and picked a few more up. Oh well, next year. I don't like the flat cut, it doesn't shred the way I like corned beef, which the point cuts do nicely. The flat cuts are also too lean for my tastes, I don't think they have as much flavor as the point cuts do.

The dust storm we expected wasn't as bad as predicted. It was still dusty, I could taste the dust in the air even here in the building (it was coming in via the fresh air intakes) and I was sneezing like the dickins all afternoon. It started raining about the time I got off work and then started really coming down once we got home. The wind was also still blowing so it sounded worse as it hit the side of the house.

We do need to get up on the roof and blackjack the heck out of the seam between the deck roof and the trailer. Water was leaking in over the front door and running along the bottom of the wall and pubbling up under the fridge. We ran the problem past a friend and hubby said just snow coating the heck out of it and the friend said no, blackjack, then mesh tape and then snow coat. Snow coat alone would not be enought to seal it properly. So we may look at hiring him to do it, as hubby isn't physically able to climb around the roof and I am afraid of heights. Tho if our friend isn't available I will have to do it. It actually isn't being up on the roof that is so much problem. Once I am up there I am fine, as long as I am not right on the edge with a drop. It is climbing the ladder and getting on and off the roof. Then I have a problem.

Still windy today, tho the sun is out. Very chilly and we had some snow.

Comments