Phew!

Definately not a laid back day today :P

Got up and made some coffee. We'd picked up half a pound of the Safeway Select coffee beans. the creamy hazelnut flavor. A lot of times the beans smell yummy, but when you grind and brew them they are so so. Not these, they were heaven. We gotta start buying them a lot more often, maybe try some of theother flavors. We usually get the Trader Joes coffees from my aunt for christmas, but she didn't send any this year and we'd run thru what she'd sent previously and in the meantime we've been buying the cheap stuff. Gotta treat ourselves a bit more often I think.

Called a local hair salon to see if they were open. They were and I went in and got my hair cut. Went a bit shorter then i normally would with a different style. Turned out pretty nice I think (tried to post the pic, but it is HUGE! So I have to do some mre fiddling in photoshop on it and my hat pic so I can post them).

Then it was back home for a late breakfast and do a bit of puttering arond the house and then out again to take an old computer monitor and the dead microwave to the dump. Then ran the reccyling in and off to do the last bit of grocery shopping we needed to do locally (I really needed the cocoa for my mocha mix I make). Then since it was a gorgeous day, off to the car wash, along with most of the town LOL. Finally got the subaru washed, with it clean and the windshield fixed it looks like a different car.

Then it was back home to putter about some more, mostly making the porch look cleaner. Ran a bunch of old computer cases out to the shed for storage. I also got some starter pots of bell peppers, roma, cherry and big boy tomatos going. I want a very early start on those. I'll be container planting them once the weather gets better. The garden space I do have I plan on putting in brocoli, lettuce and some other cold weather veggies when the time comes. Then when those are done I'll put in some veggies for summer and fall.

So now I just have to figure out dinner (pork sirloin roast), fold laundry and then start figuring out what clothes to pack for the trip.

Comments