FRIDAY!!!!!

Picked up my CPAP this morning, hubby is jealous, I've got a newer machine and it has a few more bells and whistles on it then his :D I almost called in to work to say I was going home to get some sleep, but I resisted the urge, so I'll just have to wait until bedtime. We'll stop at the store on the way home to pick up distilled water for the humidifier, there is no way I'm going to use the CPAP without one. I tried with hubby's and my poor sinuses had a screaming hissy they hurt so much.

Finally got some significant snow yesterday, maybe about an inch or so. We are supposed to have another 3-5 inches over the next couple of days. Still not enough built up tho to throw Nicky into when he gets out of hand.

Dinner last night was yummy. I'd put the pork roast into the slow cooker and dumped in a can of cream of mushroom soup, a bit of water and a little bit of Rhine whine. I seasoned it with the Johnny's Garlic Caesaer blend and then had hubby put it on the cook base about 4:30. Picked up some fettucine noodles and french bread. Since the pork was making a sauce I went with plain noodles. Cut the pork (shredded more like, it cooked that well ), put it on top of the noodles and poured the sauce over the whole thing. Did garlic bread, had hoped that Safeway had the Artisan bread we like (either the Asagio cheese or the onion-garlic bread), but no such luck, so went with the loaf of french bread instead.

I do love my slow cookers. The one I used yesterday is a small one, not a crock pot. It is a metal rectangular pan with a glass top that fits onto a base. The base has a thermostat that goes from 1-5, with 5 being the fastest cooking time. It is perfect for small roasts or several pieces of chicken. Theoretically you can use the base as a griddle, but when I tried that with some sausages, it caused the non-stick surface to bubble up and try to peel off. Never tried that again. I'm not sure they make this kind anymore, have to look around so if I ever have to replace it I can. I bought it at JC Penny's right after I graduated college many, many moons ago.

Comments