Well, it's official

The holiday season has begun LOL. My hubby can rest at ease, I've started decorating the living room. Now, trying to put up lights and garland with a rambunctious kitten is making it really interesting :P Now I need to find a tree stand and a tree.

He doesn't do holidays (but we get him prezzies anyways) and he promised when we got married I would always have a Yule tree. He may not like holidays, but he does like the trees and the lights and the sparklies just as much as I do. He had a rough time of it growing up, his mom always doted on his younger siblings and they got everything. It also didn't help that his birthday is Dec 21, so he never got to have his brithday and christmas as seperate celebrations. I'm doing my best to make it up for him.

The trip to Costco was a success, got three bags of chicken thighs, a big package of pork loins I still have to brine, 2 big bags of sweet corn and some other lodds and sods. My freezer is pretty well stocked now and I don't have to buy much except staples on the next paycheck. We also scored 2 bags of Splenda for less then Winco. Hubby wants eggnog, so I'm going to hit Safeway for the 5 dozen eggs they have on sale and will sweeten it with the Splenda. Now I just need to find milk for a decent price.

We'll be doing our Yule circle on the 18th, which is hubby and my 11th anniversary (of the 2nd wedding, the "official" wedding was Oct 30th, but the wedding on the 18th was when I got the walk down the aisle and all the bells and whistles a wedding entails.

Comments