I KNEW taking that book to bed was a bad idea!

It is now almost 1am and I am wide awake. I am not the kind of person who can fall asleep while reading, even as exhausted as I am, esp when I am reading a favortie book. I've been re-reading the David Eddings Belgariad series and even tho I know what is going to happen, I can't put the books down, unless it is something like I have to go back to my desk at work. Reading in bed, it is impossible to put down. So I finished the Queen of Sorcery tonight and had to fight the urge to get the next book. So now I am up, sitting at the computer getting ready to surf BE again and waiting for my spaghetti to cook (not only did I not fall asleep while reading I got this intense craving for spaghetti and cheese SIGH!!!!!).

I also now have a kitten who is insisting on sitting where it is making it very hard to type :P Os please ecuse any mys-typing I may not get corrected.

So, earlier today we wandered out to the mall, hubby needed to go to Rad Shack for advice on getting the entertainment unit to play together. I realized I really, really hate malls, even when they aren't that busy. I used to love hanging out there, but since I've also figured out that I really hate to shop, hating malls isn't too surprising.

We did hit Winco, I do like to grocery shop as long as it isn't too busy. We went in to pick up the ingedients for potstickers a la Alton Brown, only to discover there wasn't a won ton wrapper to be had. Hubby took that to be a sign that we needed to have nachos for dinner instead. So we ended up only buying 1 thing on the list and spent most of hte money buying what we needed for Nachos Grande a la Jean Turns out to have been a better idea, a lot less work.

Nachos Grande a la Jean:

1 1lb bag Juanitas tortilla chips
1 pound of ground beef
2 cans refried beans
1 jar salsa
2 small cans sliced black olives
4 cups shredded cheese (I like to use a Mexican 4 cheese blend)
1 packet fajita seasoning

brown ground beef and drain, add fajitta seasoning and 1/4 cup water. Put down 1 layer of chips, using 1/2 the bag. Layer on 1/2 the burger mixture, 1 can of refried beans, 1 can of olives, 1/2 jar of salsa and then 2 cups of cheese. Repeat to make a 2nd layer and pop into a 350 degree F oven until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream on the side. I use mild salsa as hubby still isn't used to anything more spicy.

Comments