I'm firmly grounded in the 21st Century now

I've got my very own cell phone :D Hubby liked our neighbors new Tracphone we finally broke down and got one for him. We figure in the long run it would be a good thing we each have our own, esp since I have problems making long distance calls from my desk, even with a calling card and hate making them from the public phone in the student lounge. So I have our old Tracphone and he has the one with all the bells and whistles (fine with me, I have enough problems using the one we had LOL). I am going to see about getting a new face plate for it, I saw a really cute one at Shopko on sale that has little yellow duckies on it LOL

The lamb roast turned out yummy. Cooked a lot faster then I expected tho, good thing we didn't stop anywhere else after the gas station or else we would have had a charcol dinner hehehehehe. Nuked some sweet corn and fixed white rice to go with it. It was so yummy we had a heck of a time keeping Nicky off our plates. He smelled that lamb and went nuts trying to get some. Definately going to have to invest in lamb more often, it was nice to have something a bit different for dinner. We have a friend who raises lambs. One of these days we'll be ahead enough to buy one from her. She uses a local meat locker for slaughter and processing and the rates are quite reasonable. This way we don't have to pay a small fortune for imported lamb and we KNOW were it came from and how it was raised (organically and free range).

Definately glad I go the tomatos in when I did, I looked at what plants I left that aren't covered and they are turning black from the frost we've been having the last couple of mornings. I'd left the bush beans and cucumbers uncovered and will pull them up and then cover them with compost and let them compost in place over the winter.

Took a few minutes last night to processs some oatmeal into flour, so I can make banana bread and banana muffins tonight. Hubby really likes those for breakfast and they freeze nicely. I can get that all started while making dinner tonight. I'll be doing brown rice in chicken stock and using the left over roast chicken and making a sauce with cream of chicken soup (hmmmm, I see a chicken theme happening for dinner LOL).

Comments