WEE HAWWW!!!

Thanks to the folk on the Good Eats Fan Page board I achieved yummy brown rice that was good eats.

I had bought slightly less then a cup of brown rice, so took my magnalite pot with the heavy lid, put in 2 cups vegetable stock and brought that to a boil. Added the rice, stirred a couple times, put the lid on, turned the heat down and set the timer for 45 minutes. I was a good girl, I didn't lift the lid once during that time (boy, was that ever so hard to do). When the timer went off, I took the pot off the heat and set it aside and set the timer for 15 minutes (okay at this point I did peek, the stock was mostly absorbed and there were steam pits in the rice). I proceeded to finish dinner and served it to my hubby. He tried the rice and loved it (he did say it was a tad chewy , I said it was supposed to be a little bit chewy).

I am now confident I can do brown rice, so I will invest in more the next time I do the major shopping. I am also going to try the different other ways of fixing it that were suggested. I'm also going to try it with chicken stock and turkey stock.

Comments