Probably time

to post about my life LOL

Had a nice weekend. Spent a lot of it on the couch in front of the tube or on the computer. Diablo has an option of creating hardcore characters, once they die, they can't be resurrected. It is fun to see how far you can get a character before it gets killed off.

Did a bit of work on the garden. Got my coldframe/greenhouse built around my peppers and eggplants. Ended up putting a bunch of my potted veggies in there also, temps have been getting close to the 40s at night. I brought the last 2 pots in to the house last night, they were the ones I had in the hangers off the porch. Pulled up most of the sugar peas, they were pretty well gone. Some I've kept as several of the cucumber plants are climbing them. My tomatos are coming along nicely, my bush beans aren't doing as well as I hoped and I've harvested a couple cucumbers already. I do need to come up with something to hold the plastic over the coldframe better, I think a kittie decided to hop on last night and pulled a lot of it down. Have to rig something up for the other garden patch, if only something small for around the pepper plants there.

Didn't go out to the friends for BBQ, the guests of honor hadn't left the coast by 2pm on Monday and weren't due in until after 9pm, so I fired up our grill and our neighbor who was going to go out to the BBQ with us came over and tossed her stuff on the barbie and we had dinner together.

Did get my garden space expanded a bit. I put up a border of CDs in front of the shed and hauled a goodly portion of my compost pile over and put it on that spot. In a few weeks when the rhubard starts to die back a bit I will move it to the new space. I'm also going to seed in some onions for next year.

Brined a fresh ham, didn't do it right somehow, it came out a bit saltier then I would have liked. It also had more of a ham texture then pork roast texture, so I think I had it in the brine too long. It was tasty tho, had enough to make several meals out of it. The bone is in the fridge for future soup making :)

Yesterday I went in for my yearly squishing (a mammogram). For all the horror stories of pain and such, at least for me it isn't bad. I'd rather go thru a few moments of discomfort and avoid serious consequences down the road, like chemo, radiation or removing the whole breast becasue I didn't want to take the time and deal with the discomfort or momentary pain. The one really nice thing about my health insurance is the whole thing is covered %100, so I really have no excuse :)

Tomorrow is payday, I'm hoping we've enough after paying bills to do a decent grocery shop. We've no meat left in the house and I could kill to make my lasagna. Made the mistake the other day of describing it on a site I haunt and I've been dying to have it ever since hehehehehehehe

Comments