Blah!

I do hate the last hour of work sometimes. Sometimes it is nice as I can actually get some work done without interuptions, but other times it seems everyone waited until I was the only full time staff memeber here to come to the desk with their problems. SIGH!!!!

Then there are times the &$%#^ clock runs backwards. It does, I swear it does.

Well, at least it is Hump Day and things usually get better the last couple of days and we do have a 3 day weekend coming up. Have to start planning the cold frame for the eggplants and peppers. The eggplants are getting lovely purple flowers on them, definately have to get some pics.

Cooling off today, supposed to be wet and rainy for a few days, which will do my garden some good. I will probably dig up the sugar peas, they are definately on their last legs and not producing much.

Found out today the fan boards at Food Network are closing down. I like to hang out on the Good Eats board, lots of cool folk there. Someone posted a link to a Good Eats fan run board, so I'm hanging out there now. I adore Alton Brown, we refer to him as St Alton at home, even tho he is wrong on a few things (like stuffing in a turkey. It is NOT evil and I have successfully cooked stuffed birds with nary a threat of food poisoning and very juicy and tender birds, even the ones that are upwards of 30 lbs!), but I've gotten lots of good info and tips from his shows.

Dinner tonight will be a beef stir fry with frozen stir fry veggies. I am definatley getting the hang of it with the butane burner. We've tried a variation using ramen noodles, but have come to the conclusion they aren't the best noodles in the world for that. I think they tend to be too mushy, so will look on the ethnic aisle at the store to see what might be better.

Speaking of the store, good news on the sugar free Shasta soda front. They are finally stocking Shasta sodas sweetened with Splenda now, tho we will have to be very carefull to double check the case when we grab it. Hubby can not have even a minute amount of aspartame, so he is now a happy camper as he can drink more sodas (he's diabetic and must limit his carbs. He can still have sugared sodas, but not as much as he wants). Now if they would bring out their Tiki sodas in sugar free we would be really happy (their Tiki Orange Mango is to die for :D )

Comments