That's it.....

No more houseguests on weeknights LOL I didn't get to bed until after midnight we were up so late visiting. 6 am was too damned early, esp since I didn't sleep too well (big surprise).

They are headed back Vancover BC way this morning, kitties will be happy not to be sharing the house with the dog hehehehe.

BBQ last night got a bit changed. We had a wind storm roll thru, a bit of thunder and lightening and a little rain. Not enough thunder and lighting for my tastes and not enough rain either. For some strange reason, storms head straight for us and then die or scoot around us the minute they hit Moscow. It is getting most annoying.

Since it was too windy and dusty, I broke out the electric grill, the cast iron grill, steamers and a frying pan. Plan was to grill the steaks, peppers, zuchini, portabellos and corn over the coals, with the walla walla sweets quartered and cooked in a foil bag with a bit of butter (before the storm hit it was 93 degrees out and it was supposed to stay hot last night and I wasn't cooking indoors). So instead I steamed the corn on the cob, sauteed the onions, grilled the peppers, zuchini and portabellos on the cast iron grill and did the steaks on the electric grill. It all came out quite yummy and there wasn't any leftovers.

I had hubby try a bit of the zuchini, I've been trying to get him to eat more veggies. He still didn't like it (he'd only had boiled to death and badly steamed zuchini growing up), so I will probably just feed it to him in zuchini bread or in stews where I can hide it from him.

Wandered into the bathroom about 9:30 and immediately wandered out saying "There are Devil Duckies in my bathroom!!!!!" At which point everyone was going "FINALLY!!!!' hehehehehehe Yesterday was a blech day at work so they decided to surprise me with a Devil Ducky shower curtain I have been lusting after for a while now at our local lingeries/sex toy/goofy stuff shop a friend owns. I love Devil Duckies, they are so cute!!! I think I've mentioned I have a number of the Itty Bitty Devil Duckies and the glow in the dark Devil Ducky keychain on my purse in an post I did a while back. So now I have a really fun bathroom :D The funny thing was, they'd gotten it right before they picked me up at work, and as soon as we pulled up to the house after grocery shopping P called dibs on the bathroom and rushed in to hang the curtain. I'd used the ladies at the store, so I didn't need to go to the bathroom for the longest time, which was driving them nuts LOL I had gone down to change clothes, but the light in the bathroom was off and I didn't look in.

Now to spend the day trying to stay awake long enough to make it to bed time :D

Comments