My weekend

Had a pretty decent weekend, Friday we melted in the heat and then ran errands.
We did some shopping for our neighbor and friend B. Her husband is dying
(chronic alcoholic) and she is trying to be tough and strong. We'll be doing a
lot more for her including some very good shoulders to cry on. Hospice is coming
in today to bring things like a hospital bed to set up in the living room so she
wont have to keep moving him from the bedroom to the living room (and hopefully
she FINALLY get some rest, which she can't do with S in bed with her). Our landlord
was a sweetie and mowed her lawn on Sunday so she didn't have to worry about it.

Sat I went out to a friends place while we sorted thru stuff and tried to put
together the covens book of shadows (finally, we've only been talking about it
for 10 years now LOL).

Sat nite I whipped up a quick and dirty noodle stroganoff (packet of stroganoff
seasoning, hambuger, eggs noodles and sour cream. Much tastier then hamburger
helper) and picked up a Pepperidge Farm chocolate fudge cake since it was my
birthday

Got the results of the blood draw from my physical, cholesterol, sugars and
thyroid levels all great. So I am definately in remission WAAAHOOOOO!!!!

Sunday spent most of the day on the couch playing Diablo III, then puttering
about straightening up inside and out when hubby kicked me off my 'puter so he
could play for a while heheheheheh. I mowed the weeds that are my lawn,
definately have GOT to get that self-propelled mower back in running condition.
It blew a gasket somewhere so I've been using the old one and I darned near
died. I didn't think it was that hot until after I got done. Went inside and
voluntarily made up and drank some gatoraide!!!!

I was looking at my cherry tomatos and noticed a couple tomatos looked deformed,
then I realized that one of the romas had actually survived, I thought they'd
all croaked. So I've one plant producing. My Big Boy finally has a tomato on it
and lots of flowers. My cucumbers and buch beans are ticking along nicely.

I had a plant volunteer itself, wasn't sure what it was. I left it until it got
big enough to flowere and then had my neighbor J look at it. She said it was
deadly nightshade, so I pulled it up and tossed it on my compost pile. I should
have put it in a pot as it was a pretty plant, but I didn't think of that until
late that night.

BTW, lots of good thoughts, hubby put in his resume with our local ISP for a part time tech support job. hours would be crap to start with, but we need the income since his clients only need him a few times a year and I am not holding my breath the state will ever come thru with ANY raises for employees.

Comments