My weekend

Friday was my day off, so I puttered about, did a load of laundry and then decided to tackle the shed while hubby was off running errands. It is amazing what you can pull out using a grabber and a cane as I WASN'T stepping foot in there for love nor money. I opened the door and proceeded to spray about 8-10 yellow jacket nests with foaming yellow jacket/wasp spray (I go organic in everything except that and spiders. I'm allergic to yellowjackets and we have hobos under the house and in the shed). I pulled what ever I could out and sorted garbage, what is going to the dump and what I was keeping.

When hubby came home I sent him in with the spray to take care of the ones on the front wall I couldn't see, and once it was safe I went in and pulled all my pots and other garden stuff off the shelves and moved them to my work area. Then I started hauling the stuff on the deck out and got things arranged and still had lots of room to put all the storm windows and inserts we had stacked in the house and still have lots of room for storage in the shed.

Sat was all day out at a coven members for Lammas, where we split into teams and played games. One was a matching game where we matched the God or Goddess with the object associated. We goofed on Sedna (comb) and Brigit (blackberries) so we were amazed at how much we did know. Circle was dedicated to Odin and the Norse gods (we've two new members who follow the Norse path) so it was a very nice change from the Celtic-Greco/Roman path we usually do. Fit in quite nicely. Didn't get home until late.

Hubby didn't go with me, so 1/2 hour after I got there I got a phone call from him asking if I was up for house guests. I asked who, he said our friends from Canada and I said no problem. They would have to bring their dog, not a problem I figure we'd not see out cats for the duration hehehehehehe. Then he said they would be arriving the next day. EEEPPPPPPPP!!!! Okay, thanks to FlyLady this isn't a problem.

So Sunday I had already planned on painting the third side of the shed (the one I see out my bedroom window). I'd started painting the shed before my brother's wedding, 3 years ago. Luckily the paint was still good (it lived on the porch and didn't freeze). I'd gotten 5 gallons free from the recycling center and had no real choce on color, so I picked the lightest, beige. So I slapped on coat on it and decided to do a bit on the porch. On thing led to another and all the horizontal parts of the porch and the hand rail are now beige. I should have enough to do the porch supports and another coat on the shed next weekend.

Ended up running the dryer most of yesterday, with company coming I had to do some pillows and towels. So the back of the house really heated up.

The kitties seem to be tolerating the dog, after an uneasy start. I left the back window open so they could go out, but they decided to all stay in the bedroom with us. Our friends will be heading back tomorrow, so they'll only have to deal with the dog one more day. I was really suprised. KiKi, who goes ballistic when we bring home a kitten, just hissed once and ignored the dog. Nicky isn't too sure (seems to hiss becasue that seems to be the right thing to do) and Mister sits and glares at him.

Spent some spare time working on the coven's webpage. Looking for a new HTML editor that is free, hubby is checking them out for me. One looked promising, but if he can't figure it out within a few minutes, he isn't impressed and it was written by uber geeks so it was going over my head (it was object oriented), so the other one looks like it might work for me once he shows me how. Apparently things have progessed to the point the HTML I am used to using is out of date, so I will have to learn the updated stuff. I will probably have to redo ALL my pages from scratch using the new editor as I have a mis-mash of HTML as is hehehehehe (par for the course for me LOL).

Hubby is taking our guests out to the range for some target practice and then out to Spring Valley so they can play in the water with the dog. Not sure what we'll do for dinner, I think we'll pick up some more charcol and some steaks and do BBQ, get some corn and other stuff I can toss on the grill so I won't have to turn on the stove.

Well, I should get to work now. Sitting here enjoying air conditioning, it is sooooooo nice. Gotta get something for home, even if it is a window unit in the office window.

Comments