Thank goodness for good friends

Hubby got his 'puter up and running on an old hard drive, managed to get a bunch of stuff backed up onto my machine. Our neighbor who happens to be a very good friend loaned us the money to get a new hard drive, so hubby has been doing that.

The company that makes the new hard drive, the better business bureau and the local prosecuting attorny are going to get a rocket on Monday. The shop we bought the hard drive from refuses to give us the manual and other things that are supposed to come with the hard drive (which has been making hubby's life miserable this afternoon trying to get thrings running). They WILL sell us the stuff, but since that is supposed to come with the hard drive, that ain't gonna fly (it is a great way to screw folk out of extra money. If we could have waited to order it online, we could have gotten everything for the price we paid for just the hard drive alone. Then again, this shop has a history of screwing folk, bad management and incompetent techs. The only good tech is the son of the one owner and the other owner who is the problem can't fire him. The one owner dislikes having anyone around who can show him up, which isn't hard. Hell, I know more about computers then he does).

I decided I wasn't going to attempt the shed, I wanted someone else there guarding my back in case something tried to attack. So instead I worked this weeks coffee grounds into the soil around some tomatos, bell peppers and egg plants. Pulled a lot of weeds. Then I tackled the compost pile and the composter. I emptied the composter and dug into the ground underneath it. I did find some worms, mostly earthworms. Every one I found I put into my worm bin, so if some of them are the right kind of worm for composting, then with luck they will multiply.

I got the compost shifted around. It is ticking along, but not fast enough for me, so I re-piled it, put the composter back in place and then covered the pile with a chunk of plastic sheeting after soaking it down with the hose. I hope this will accelerate it. I really do need to get my hands on a spading fork, I think the problem the pile isn't going as fast as it should is that trying to use a shovel to turn it just isn't work well and it is too darned much work.

Weather is nice, high wispy clouds and currently 72 degrees. Did almost overheat at one point (shoveling the compost), but I've been smart and keep a bottle of water handy and cme in a couple of times for ice tea and a rest.

Oh, we keep hearing the economy is improving, well if so, then why is a local grocery chain closing two stores due to lack of profit? Yesterday customers and employees of the Moscow and Lewiston Tidyman's were informed both stores are closing on Monday. Yup, the economy is improving. SIGH!

Comments