A good weekend

It has been an enjoyable long weekend. Got a bit done, Sat I figured out where the leak in the roof may have been coming in and climbed the ladder and blackjacked the heck out of it. Should hold until we get up there with the proper materials. We want to snow coat the roof this summer.

Sat I also went out to the first ever Market Day out at Mary Jane's Farm. It was great. I've some pics I'm processing and will be getting up soon. I put them up on a gallery page on my website.

Finally got the cages on most of my tomatos. The rest I'll stake up.

Dug up a bit along the back fence, just this side of the channel for the little streamlet. Planted some seeds for native plants. Not sure what they are called, but one has a yellow umbel and the other is white. I also sprinkled in some poppy seeds for extra color. Didn't dig up too much, I do want to keep it as natural as possible. I'm hoping the natives will seed themselves and spread out a bit back there. The idiot child (Nicky) almost got herself decapitated. I was using a folding shovel with a pick in a polaski setup to cut the grass roots. Little &$^%# came leaping out of te tall grass just as I was swinging on the down stroke and landed right where I was aiming. Luckily I saw her in time and reversed direction.

There were no fireworks in Moscow last night :( Apparently they couldn't raise enough money. The JaySees used to do it, then decided to stop. Then the volunteer fire dept took over the task. But I guess this year no one cared enough to give the fire dept enogh money. Didn't feel liek driving over to Pullman, so we watched the 4th of July show on the Great American Country music channel out of Nashville. I want to go for it in person, they did a great show.

Spent some time cleaning the bedroom and flinging stuff. Managed to get a few drawers cleaned out and some old clothes in a bag for goodwill and the really worn out stuff out int he garbage. Some of it went into the rag bag to get cut up.

Friday I tossed a couple of ham bones in the crock pot with some water. Today I pulled the chilled stock out of the fridge and peeled the excess fat off and added in the meat from the bones I pulled off, split peas and lentils. Seasoned with some minced onion, garlic, salt and pepper. So that is simmering away inthe kitchen for dinner tonight, and lots of lunches this week :)

Hubby has me set up with Firefox, the Mozilla Lite browser. I'm really liking it. I've been using Thunderbird for my newsgroups and really like that. Depending on how things go, I may swtich from Mozilla at work to Firefox.

Well, off to do some more puttering. Don't plan on much more today, just fold a load of laundry, water my garden, nothing real major (yeah, right, that's what I said yesterday LOL).

Comments