Survivied the weekend

Had a pretty busy weekend, but an enjoyable one. Friday we ran errands and
did grocery shopping. Can't believe the cost of some groceries. We've stopped buying
milk and have switched over to using powdered milk in recipes (won't drink the stuff, but
it is great in recipes. I can add extra to make sure we are getting our calcium). I'm also
really getting to like the bulk bin section of WinCo more and more. I'll probably pic up
a lot of the things I need there, esp spices and such. SOOOOOO much cheaper.

Sat we were going to go out to the farm and bury Freddy, but with the thunderstorms and
rain it has just been too wet this weekend. So instead we re-arranged the kitchen. We moved the
fridge out from where it was to the wall with the deep freeze (we plugged it into that wall
with an extension cord for overnight to make sure we wouldn't blow a circuit having it and the
deep freeze on the same one). Took some doing, but we now have more room in the kitchen and
we were able to set up our bar (we've gotten into cocktails as a hobby) and more storage space.
I'll put up some pics of the new arrangement once I run them thru photoshop tonight. The nice
thing is now I can stand at the sink washing dishes and people and come into the kitchen without my having to move out of the way (the fridge was opposite the sink and jutted into the doorway about 2-3 inches).

Sunday we finished getting the living room straightened up, giving the kitten lots of room to play.

Speaking of the kitten, she has a name now, Nicevenn, a Scottish goddess who is a Samhain witch-goddess, equated with the Roman goddess Diana. Becasue she came to us on the day Fred crossed the Rainbow Bridge, Nicevenn sounded right, tho it is an awfully big name for such a little kitten, so we call her Nicky, for now, she may decide her name is someting else later. Nicevenn also means "Brightness". She has taken to climbing, usually me. She likes to also sit on the edge of the sink while I'm washing dishes, so climbs me to get there. The other kitties are tolerating her, KiKi still growls and swipes at her, tho I think more to let her know her place then being mean. Nicky is a bit too high energy for Mister, tho he's made gestures towards her, but she isn't sure of him as yet. Hubby keeps asking (as he is looking at the scratches on his arms and legs) "remind WHY we got a new kitten?"
hehehehehehehe

Worked a little bit on my webpage last night, the thunderstorms finally subsided enough to leave the 'puter on for a while. Got the cat page updated and a gallery of pics of Nicky. Hubby is going to work on the structure for me today so I can finish updating and changing the galleries to the new gallery program. I will also be able to finally get the galleries of Ms Ella done and re-posted, hopefully without using up all my webpage space (the university only gives me 5 megs of space).

Comments