Rats

Looks like yardwork is completely out of the question today, it's been raining all day today :(

Yesterday we spent at graduation, hanging out with our friend and her family for a while afterwards and going to lunch, and then ferrying our houseguest around checking out local stores. One was Camas Winery, which sells the BEST local made wines and meads (the meads are my favorite). Then it was home to margaritas :D

So today was going to be yardwork day since Sat was friends and guest day, but it's been raiing since at least 3:30 this am, even if the rain were to finally stop around now, the grass is way too wet to even think of mowing. I also hoped to plant a few of my seedlings and fix the CD border as a couple of discs had gotten broken (either they got stomped on by deer, or my neighbor accidently crunched a couple while he was mowing. He's a nice neightbor, he gets out to mow his lawn and then continues up behind my mobile and our up hill neighbors mobile. I'm not going to complain, that is 1/3 less lawn I gotta mow :D Besides, he puts the clippings on my compost pile hehehehehe).

Good thing I do switch to 8-5 tomorrow for work, I'll now have time in the evenings to get yard work done (once it dries out), plus I start my payday Fridays off this coming Friday (I've got so much annual leave built up it ain't funny, I've really got to quit feeling quilty about taking time off and start taking time off :D ), so I'll have moe time to work on my garden and yard.

So today I have 3 chicken carcasses I had in the freezer inthe crockpot for making stock, just not sure what I'll use it for. Maybe do a potato and leek soup if I can get my hands on some decent leeks (hmmm, make note to self, plant leeks in garden). We have to hit the store later so will check out what they have.

Comments