My, how time flies!

Today we had staff recognition awards for university staff. I now have a plaque with my name on it for 20 years "meritorius service"! Wow! Actually it is more like 25 years if you count I worked for the library part time while I was a student.

Looking at things, I can retire at age 55 with the honorific of Honored Staff Retiree as by then I will have more then met the Rule of 80: reach the age of 55 and add your years of service, if they add to 80 you can retire with full retirement bennies. When I hit 55 I will have officially worked for the U for 33 years.

I don't think tho that I can afford to retire then, I'll probably have to keep working until I drop dead at my desk (unless of course my lottery retirement plan works, need to stop and pick up a couple tickets tonight, Powerball is up to 170 million :D ) as I'm very pessemistic that my retirement funds and social security will still be there the way the economy is going.

All in all, the plaque is nice, a whopping fat raise that would get us above poverty level would be much better tho :P

I did manage to score some of the pansies they had for centerpieces. One yellow with purple, one purple with white and one purple with a teeny bit of yellow in the center. I'm going to put them in a pot and put them in the hanging basket on the porch. They will add a nice bit of color :)

Comments