Friday at last!

It started very early tho, we had a staff retreat that started too darned early in the morning, which meant setting the alarm for an obscene hour.

Managed to make it thru the retreat, with LOTS of coffee, tho even with all that coffee I had a very difficult time staying awake.

Since I came in early for the retreat and am obligated to stay until 6pm, I got to extend my lunch hour to 2 hours, so I hid out over at the Women's Center, they have nice comfy couches :D Starting Monday tho I switch to 8am-5pm, so bets are on on my actually making it in on time the first week hehehehe.

We've a house guest coming in tonight. She is a friend of our friend who is graduiating tomorrow, so we'll drive down to Lewiston this evening and pick her up (she is driving over with our friends family and Lewiston is the closet hotel they could book, they were lucky to get a booking, the hotels are usually booked a year in advance of graduation as UI and WSU graduate within a week of each other). She'll stay with us thru Sat nite and go back with everyone on Sunday.

Looks like the threat of frost is gone, with luck I can start transplanting some of my seedlings. A few of my eggplants look like they are ready to go in the ground. I'm seriously thinking of building a protective net over the garden, we've a lot of rabbits who may take a liking to my plants and I want to avoid losing any to them. We'll see how it does with the first few plants.

Have to mow the lawn sometime this weekend, it really liked the rain this week, I swear it grew 3 inches over night. I'm trying to be organic as possible, trying to encourage grass growth, so I have my mower set high to only trim it a little. I have taken the bag off to let the clippings hit the ground to encourage natural composting of them. The first mowing I had to use the bag, considering how tall the lawn had gotten before it was dry enough to mow hehehehe.

And happy happy joy joy the book I request the library order for the collection was ordered and arrived. The Obesity Myth by Paul Campos, it was the subject of 2 previous posts I did: The big fat con story on Apr 25th and Interview with Paul Campos on Apr 28th. I can't WAIT to read it.

Comments