Now I'm REALLY depressed

A friend of mine just pointed out a little while ago that this year is our 25 anniversary of graduating high school. Now I feel really, really, really old

So now I have the urge to try and track down all my friends from then. I started off high school here in Moscow (after my folks dragged me up to Idaho from California, kicking and screaming all the way), then left in 1977 to move back to California (with me kicking and screaming all the way. I'd discovered I LIKED small town life) where I finished high school. We'd moved to Idaho in the first place so my Dad could go back to grad school and then moved back to CA where he'd gotten a job as a contract worker for the Navy. I resisted moving to Idaho, even tho I was born here, as my few memories of the place were not great and I viewed the place as a depressing backwater after living so many years in California. But like I said, I found that I prefered small town life and moved back as soon as I could.

So it will be interesting to see if I can track folk down. We'd kept in touch during college (I'd come back and it made sense for them to go to the U), but most of them scattered to the 4 winds after graduating college. A few people I know where they are thru fandom (I'm into science fiction and fantasy), but the others....not sure where they went. Have to check and see if the high school has an alumni register, if all else fails, I'll try some of the sites like Classmates.com.

Comments