Monday, Monday

It was a wonderful weekend :) Did a bit of puttering around and a lot of relaxing.

Friday night tho we were running around getting a deep cycle marine battery and a battery charger. Hubby uses a CPAP (a machine for sleep apnea) as the power comapny planned a power outage in the wee hours of Sunday morning to replace a fried transformer. It was a good thing we made them triple check, we were part of the affected area, even tho the notice they put out said otherwise. So we got the set up and the power went out 10 minutes early, but hubby was able to sleep in comfort and the power was back on by 6:30 am. One nice thing about having to get the battery and such, we can now go camping. We've not been camping in a long time and I really miss it.

Sat we had the Pink Pistols meeting, it is great to put faces to names from the mailing list. One person has never handled firearms before and wants to learn, so we're going to plan a range day soon so he can give it a try and figure out what he likes.

Sat night we had a friend over for burgers and Spinal Tap. If you want to see a very funny move, I recommend "This is Spinal Tap" a "documentary" about a heavy metal band. It is a wonderful homage to all the rockumentaries out there. The movie is done by Christopher Guest, who brought "Waiting for Guffman" , "Best in Show" and "A Mighty Wind".

Sunday I went to the Beltaine planning meeting, next Sat is going to be fun. It is an open circle, so there will be lots of new folk and we'll be having a bonfire, which is one of my favorite parts. We may or may not do a Maypole, have to see how things go later in the week.

Our friend L came over to do laundry and she brought the fixin's for grilled braats in beer. We sliced up some sweet onions and tossed those and the braats into a pot and poured in a 6 pack of LaBatts' Blue and simmered those for a while. When it was time hubby started the grill and I got the braats and veggies ready. I sliced green peppers and mixed those with the onions in a foil pouch and in another poil pouch I put in chopped broccoli with a bit of butter and lemon juice. Braats and veggies all went on the grill to finish cooking. While that was happening, hubby, L and our neightbor B played cribbage and I planted the bell pepper and tomato seeds I picked up on Friday into the starter pots. I saved some of the seeds back to start in pots later for some container gardening.

Sunday I also mowed the lawn. How I survivied 7 years of home ownership without a self-propelled lawnmower, I'll never know :D It sure make life easier to not have to manhandle a lawn mower around the yard. It also has a grass catcher, so getting the clippings onto the compost pile is so much easier. A little later in the year I'll let the clippings fall on the grass to direct compost there, but since is the first cut of the year, that is way too much to leave on the lawn.

Moved my composter and compost pile around a bit, I really need to get a garden fork. Trying to deal with a compost pile with a shovel is a lesson in frustration. Oh well, gives me a good excuse to hit the toy store and drool over the newest in lawn and garden care :D

Comments