Why I am sleepy

This morning started at 4 am. Not intentionally, because the power in our house went off. Hubby has a CPAP and when that went quiet, I woke up as did he. The clock radio was off and the bedside lights wouldn't come on. So up we got.

We are well prepared for a power outage, hubby kept saying "See I wasn't paranoid!" LOL He collects flashlights and we have one for practically every room. No matter, we also have those touch lights in prominent places so we have light to let us find all the candles (scratch a pagan and you'll find candle wax :D ) and oil lamps I collect hehehehe. We also have a kerosene heater we keep fueled and ready, so once we had the light situation settled in the living room we got the heat going, along with a pot of water on top of the heater to heat up water for tea.

We still haven't heard exactly why the power went off, but I've people say there was several bright flashes near the substation about 5:30 so more of the town probably went down then. We were without power for almost 4 hours, we HAVE to get filters for the melita coffee thingy that makes one cup at a time. Tea is fine, but I was seriously jonesing for coffee by the time the power came back on.

There are still a few places in town last I heard that were without power. I was hoping that the university was one of them ;)

Comments