OOOOOOOOOO

Popped out at lunch to check out a 30-30 lever action rifle my hubby came across. Sweet little rifle, practically new in box and going for a really good price. Only problem is, I would be getting it for a hunting rifle and while it will be great for deer, I want to try for an elk and apparently 30-30 is very marginal, unless you get really close. Now, I'm not planning on trying for anything further away then 50 yards or so, no more then 100, even with a scope. So we are checking with our various sources and folk who are a bit better in the know for their opinions.

One reason I want a lever action rifle is it what feels "right" to me. It may be because I try and channel some of my great grandmothers , the fact I really don't care for any other shotguns other then my mule eared double barreled coach gun may be a good sign I'm just an old fashioned girl at heart when it comes to firearms (okay, give me a MAC 10 and a whole lotta ammo and I am a happy camper hehehehehehe ). I also discovered late in life I probably was supposed to grow up left handed. I definately shoot better as a lefty, but trying to use the bolt action for hunting can be rather comical when it comes to working the action on it. Darn thing is meant for a right-handed person and can get very awkward trying to get off a second shot when reaching over the top with my left to grab the bolt lever.

Besides, my hubby wants his rifle back LOL. He keeps complaining I've only left him with 2 pistols and have claimed all the rest for my own (well, that's a wife's perogative isn't it? What's mine is mine and what's your is mine ). I keep telling him it could be worse, that I could have turned out to be totally anti-gun (I grew up in a gun neutral household. My dad used to hunt when was younger, but gave it up before I was born. I played with cap guns growing up, I was never told guns were bad and evil, just that they were to be respected. We just never had a real one) and not allow any near the house. As is, we now get to share a fun, mutual past time and with any luck I will be filling the freezer this year with lots of yummy meat

Comments