Monday again hehehehehe

Weekends go WAY to fast, esp when the weather is nice. Opened up the living room yesterday, ooooooohhhh it was so nice to have fresh air and sunshine coming in thru the windows.

Didn't bottle the beer yesterday, our friend who is going to help us with that (he's kind enough to offer advice and store the bottles for us while they age) felt that it was still bubbling away happily and we didn't want to bottle too early. So maybe later this week or possibly this next weekend. We went over everything I did with it and he feels we probably should get a half decent brew out of it, whihc wouldn't be too bad for a beginner

Did the FlyFest on Sat, it is really great to have faces to go with the names of folk I've been chatting with via email for a while now. Also made a connection with someone else who gardens and got a tip on where to find the red worms I need for my worm compost bin. Walmart is starting to carry them, along with night crawlers, so now I won't have to mail order the darn things.

Circle was WOW. Drawing down the Crone a bit is pretty awesome, it will be interesting to do it all the way some time.

Yesterday was so nice we broke out the BBQ. Did country pork ribs, potato salad (another of our friends made it and it was yummy) and I got introduced to porto bella mushrooms. Now, I really don't like mushrooms (or at least I didn't). For me, growing up, it was a texture thing. I don't like the rubbery texture that canned mushrooms have, it freaks me out. I amazed the heck out of my Girl Scout camp counselor one year by picking out all the 'shrooms in a bowl of Campbells mushroom soup,in a room lit with one tiny light bulb This was how much I didn't like mushrooms. I have gotten to the point I will eat them on a pizza if they are sliced paper thing and baked on the pizza.

So, our friend of the yummy potato salad did up porto bella mushrooms with pamasean cheese/cracker/porto bella stem stuffing and I tossed them on the grill and followed her instructions. We figured if I didn't like it, she and hubby could split mine. So, I took a bit and then inhaled it, Oh Goddess was it yummy. A rather beefy flavor and the texture was more like a firm eggplant. I'm now looking forward to trying them out with other dishs, we saw an episode of All-American Festivals on the Food Channel that was a mushroom fest and they had a recipe for porto bella parmasian that looked yummy. Since I am trying to expand the protein sources I am feeding hubby, the porto bellas would be a good addition. Plus it means I can look at some vegetarian versions of some of my favorite recipes (lasagna comes to mind. My version starts with 2 pounds of cheese and that's just the mozzarella hehehehehe).

Comments