I am the Fat Girl by Allie

I am the Fat Girl

I am a piece of everything beautiful
in the world
this is why I am larger than you
I am made of so many wondrous things
you could never imagine
sometimes, you pause
to look at me deeply
I am everything in my past
My childhood house rests on my shoulders
The neighbors' yards, no boundaries
I am a Chinese maple tree, with stairs in its boughs
I am those first stars
I am the water fountain, outside
that I made a wish in thirty minutes ago
I am the portrait artist who tries to catch
twinkles inside your eyes
I am the wings of all the last breaths
of flight
I am the child skipping without reason
I am a gentle newborn sigh
I am the Virtuous Lion
outside The New York Library
I am the angel who pushes
shadows out of harm's way
I am the moon
shimmering on the pond
The stick the dog laps into its happy mouth
I am the moment before
two hands join
So as for your comments: "Look at the Fat Girl,"
"You have such a pretty face, if only you would lose weight",
"Such a face, gone to waste"...
They reflect back to you... for I am a mirror
among precious other things
Yes, I am the fat girl
and... "I am".

By Allie

Comments