The whole gay marriage controversy

If Bush thinks his bright idea about changing
the consitution to add an ammendment to ban
same-sex marriagesis a good idea, he really is the
idiot I KNOW he is. My marriage is in no way
threatened if my gay friends decide to tie the knot
and make it legal in the eyes of the state, just like mine.

I was thinking the other day about the marriages of all
our immediate friends. I know only ONE couple where both
spouses have never been married to anyone else and have been
married about 15 years or so now. I'm my hubby's 3rd and 1/2
wife (he'd been in a relationship that was heading towards
marriage before she dumped him for a younger guy and she bought
a canarie yellow trans am, female midlife crisis), 1 friend
is on her 3rd hubby, another friend is on her 2nd, a 3rd friend wasn't
legally married the first time around, tho she was in a common law
marriage and is now married to her 2nd hubby with a marriage license
and all that. Heck, my mom was my dad's 2nd wife! My uncle Ben was on
his 2nd wife last time I heard, my uncle Herb probably would have
divorced his wife if he hadn't had that heart attack and wrapped his
car around that telephone pole and made her a widow.

The whole "sanctity of marriage" BS is just that, BS. If the
fundamentalist right wing really believed in that they would make
divorce illegal, insist that all married couples have children ('cuz
isn't that the whole idea of marriage? To produce the next generation?
Can't have kids, you gotta take a 2nd wife or concubine to produce
one, says so in the Old Testement), go back to what "marriage" really
was, selling your daughter to the highest bidder in order to gain
status or property or spend all you finances to sell her off if you
want a society were females aren't valued and you gotta pay to get rid
of your daughters. Marriage has ALWAYS been a social contract, so
don't give me this "sanctity of marriage" crap.

Comments