A pretty decent weekend

Saturday we puttered about and then went to some friends and celebrated the Chocolate Ritual and a fun time was had by all. Most circles tend to be fairly serious, tho some mirth and merriment is allowed, even at Samhaim. But the Chocolate Ritual is all mirth and merriment and I spent the better part of the night coming down from the sugar high. It wasn't all chocolate goodies, I did take some of my homemade chicken nuggets.I should have taken a double batch, they lasted all of about 5 minutes they were snapped up so fast LOL I'll post the recipe in a little while

Sunday we got up early, a friend came over bringing breakfast and we spent the morning watching the Datona 500. Now I'm generally not a NASCAR fan,but I am in extreme awe of the skill these guys have at being able to drive those cars around the track at speeds of upwards of 180 miles an hour and there NOT any more accidents then there were, AND with no major injuries. WOW!!!!!!

Sunday was pretty much a low energy day and very enjoyable

Monday I took off, I have so much annual leave built up I didn't need to be earning any comp time that I have to use. So we got up, puttered about, wandered over to Shopko in Pullman (we are REALLY beginning to dislike Walmart,it is always noisy, crowded, the associates don't seem to want to help much and you never can seem to find what you are looking for). Picked up a new muffin pan (my old one is probably 10-20 years older then I am and only makes 6 at a time) and a couple stacking Sterlite drawers to put in the fridge (the shelves that held the veggies drawers in my fridge broke, so I had no veggie drawers. A friend on a recipe mailing list suggested stacking drawers. So I got the drawers, rearraigned the shelves and voila! I can safely store all my veggies in the fridge again

I didn't let the fact it was a low energy weekend stop my FLYing, the wonder of FlyLady's system is you can do anything in 15 minutes and wemade quite abit of headway in the office yesterday. Managed to fling a whole lotta stuff. We also found a nifty way to store somethings in the kitchen pantry. One of those hang on the door shoeracks with the plastic pockets. Managed to pull a lot of teas and little stuff out of one kitchen drawer and a bunch of bagged spices off thepantry shelves andt here is now room to put things that have been living on counters and taking up space I need to work on. It's taken me awhile to build up the clutter and such, it will take a while to get rid of it, but I'm getting there, stress free

Comments