If I hear one more word....

about the weight loss diet de jeur I swear I am going to go seriously postal. Esp when we now have MORE news articles (which by the way seem to come to conclusions in the article that totally contradict the study they are reporting on) that are now contradicting the ones from last week about what diet works. Look folks, you eliminate whole food groups from what you eat you do tend to lose weight, but surprise surprise, 95% of those who do will regain the weight and then some. That was what I kept doing, no matter if I was on a "sensible" diet from a doctor or one of the latest fad diets. Once I stopped the diet BS, I stopped gaining weight and started getting a lot healthier, both mentally and physically once I stopped trying to force my body into a size it never was meant to be.

Unless you have a real medical need to avoid certain foods (gluten intolerance, diabetes where you need to keep an eye on carbs, etc) use some common sense and eat a good healthy balanced diet, making sure you get all the healthy nutrition the wide range of foods we are lucky enough to have available to us will give you.

And guess what, there are really no such things as "good" food and "bad" food (I place the blame on the Puritans), just food. So lets quit putting moral values on what we put in our mouths and learn to listen to our bodies and learn to live without the current diet insanity.

Comments